Excel - Prevent File Format Difference
The following steps will stop Excel throwing a warning about "file you are trying to open is in a different format".
Details are taken from a Microsoft article at the following URL
- Click "Start" and in the search/command box enter 'regedit' and click "OK"
- Locate and click the following key in the registry
- Outlook 2000 - HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\<version number>\Excel\Security
- On the "Edit" menu select "New|DWORD"
- Give this a name of "ExtensionHardening" and then 'Enter'
- Modify this entry and enter a value of "0".
- Click "OK" and close regedit to complete