Windows Server - Default Printer
Windows Server group policy management can be used to allocate the default printer for any/all domains users. This can be setup as follows:
- Click "Start" and within Administratives Tools, run "GroupPolicy Management"
- Expand "Forest" and "Domain" down to the servers <domain>.local
- Right-click and select "Create a GPO in this domain"
- Give it a name such as "Default Printer"
- Within the group policy, remove authenitcated users from security filtering, add other users, as required
- Right-click on the policy and select "Edit"
- Expand "User Configuration|Preferences|Control Panel SEttings" and then select "Printers"
- Right-click on printers and choose "New" and then "Shared Printer"
- Enter the path to the printer and tick the "Set this printer as the default" option