UEFI SSD Boot Error
After cloning a UEFI boot hard disk to SSD, you may encounter an error when booting about a missing "winload.efi" file etc. This can sometimes be resoved as follows:
- Boot from the repair disk (CD or USB)
- Select the correct language, keybaord etc.
- Select "troubleshoot", "Advanced" followed by "Command Prompt"
- Enter the command 'diskpart'
- Enter 'sel disk 0' followed by 'list vol'
- Look for a FAT32 partition that has no driver letter (typically 100-200 MB)
- Enter 'sel vol n' where n is the drive
- Enter 'assign letter=B'
- If there is no FAT32 drive then just enter 'bootrec /rebuildbcd'
- Enter 'exit' to exit diskpart
- Now enter the command 'bcdboot c:\Windows /l en-uk /s b: /f ALL'